The venesection was painless to say the least, thank you for using local anaesthetics; highly recommended
Our Harley Street MD London clinic offers accurate and confidential sexually transmitted infection screening. Regular STI screening can protect your health and allow you to take medication that can help to prevent sexually transmitted infections from causing long-term harm.
When you know you are going to engage in sex with a new partner, having a private STI test in London, at Harley Street MD, enables you to have peace of mind or to treat any STDs to prevent passing them on to your partner.
It’s also extremely important to get STI screening when:
- You suspect you’ve been exposed to any STD
- In the presence of symptoms of concern
- When you have sex without protection with a new person.
We offer all the STD tests required to detect sexually transmitted infections in a comfortable and judgement-free professional clinic with men’s health specialists. If a sexually transmitted infection is detected, we can provide prescriptions for treatment and doctor-led support if you have any queries or concerns.
Why Choose to Have a Private STI Test and Treatment at Harley Street MD in London
- Open Mon to Fri 9.00-19.00 and Saturday 10.00-16.00
- General Medical Council (GMC) registered doctor-led clinic
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered clinic
- Completely confidential STD testing, results and treatment
- Guaranteed results with standard PCR testing
Private STI Tests Available in London at Harley Street MD
Tests for sexually transmitted infections are all performed in our clinic in London, and we do not provide STI home test kits. We believe you deserve the most accurate STI testing for males and fast, accurate results, which a home STD testing kit can not equal.
At our London clinic, we provide STD tests for:
• Hepatitis B
• Hepatitis C
Your sexual health impacts your physical health and well-being, so our STI screening includes an in-depth consultation and physical examination. You can select the specific STD tests or take advantage of our competitively priced STI testing for males screening package, which provides all of our STD tests. Should you require treatment, we will discuss the options to help you make an educated decision with full confidentiality.
Why Do I Need to Get STI Testing?
Sexually transmitted infections can easily pass between sexual partners, even during oral sex. Often, no symptoms of STDs are present, and you may not know that you have an STI until symptoms show, which can be many months after transmission.
On-going screening for sexually transmitted diseases can enable you to receive early treatment. This is really critical for the management of STIs and to prevent further complications from STDs, such as:
• Hepatitis C — When left untreated, it may result in significant and possibly fatal liver damage.
• Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea — Can cause pain and swelling in the testicles and epididymis (tubes that supply sperm via the testicles). Epididymitis is the medical term for this condition, which, if not treated, may have an impact on how fertile you are and cause reactive arthritis.
– Chlamydia is the most common STI in the UK.
– After Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea is the second-most widespread viral STI in the UK.
• Syphilis — Syphilis can cause major health complications if not treated. It can potentially permanently harm your nervous system, heart, liver, brain, muscles, bones, and eyes.
Visual difficulties or blindness, meningitis (brain inflammation), and stroke are all possibilities. Incontinence can also be caused by nerve injury. Approximately one-third of cases proceed to late or tertiary syphilis. One injection of penicillin can cure syphilis and protect you from these potential risks.
• HIV — Antiretroviral therapy (ART) started at the beginning of the development of infection with HIV. While the body’s immune system is more resilient, long-term physical prognosis improves.
STI screening is essential to minimise the risk of STDs leading to long-term harm. STI testing before you have sex with another person for the first time allows you to treat STDs and avoid transmitting them to the other person.
Once a sexually transmitted disease is discovered, we supply a prescription to ensure that you can access drugs and doctor-led assistance privately should you have concerns or queries concerning the course of treatment.
How Are STIs Transmitted?
It is a common misconception that sexually transmitted infections are only likely to be transmitted via penetrative sex. There is typically a lower risk of transmitting or catching an STD through oral sex, but it is still possible.
Bleeding gums or a syphilis sore, will increase the risk. You should use protection and seek advice if you think you have had oral sex with someone who could have an STD.
Below are the ways sexually transmitted diseases can be passed on:
• Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, Genital Herpes, HIV, Hepatitis B and Syphilis can all be transmitted through oral sex, penetrative sex and blood-to-blood contact.
• Hepatitis C usually transmits through blood-to-blood contact. However, it is possible to catch Hepatitis C through penetrative sex or if blood is present during oral sex.
All of these STDs can be tested, and if needed, you can receive immediate treatment and prescriptions, in total confidence, at our London clinic. STI testing for males is very straightforward and quick, and we recommend a comprehensive screening with all available tests.
However, if you prefer only specific tests, this is completely your choice. All tests are analysed at the highest standard of accuracy by leading pathology laboratories in the Harley Street area.
What to Expect When You Have STD Tests at Harley Street MD
The first step is to give us a call and book an appointment. We can often arrange same-day appointments when required. You will receive a private consultation and examination with Dr Chia Tan.
During your consultation, you can discuss any concerns and select which STD tests you want or opt for our complete STI screening package. Most tests can be done via urine samples, but we recommend blood tests for complete STI testing for males. No painful urethral swabs are required for our STD tests.
STD Tests requirements:
• Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia can now be tested with the latest PCR technology with a urine sample.
• Hepatitis B and C and Syphilis are tested via a blood test.
• HIV requires a blood test with the gold standard combination test, as per national guidelines. This will test for HIV types one and two, antibodies and the p24 antigen.
We ask you not to urinate for at least one hour prior to your appointment. Results can be provided on the same or the next day in person at the clinic. If you prefer to receive your results by phone or email, you can book a follow-up consultation. We ensure your confidentiality, and if treatments are required, they will be discussed and offered to you.
What Is Included in Our Clinic STI Tests?
• A consultation and physical examination
• 30 minutes of comprehensive STD tests
• A comprehensive blood test for bloodborne viruses
• Same day or next day results
• Prescriptions for treatments, if required
• Advice during treatment if needed.