The venesection was painless to say the least, thank you for using local anaesthetics; highly recommended
Testosterone is a crucial hormone for men of any age, and if you have noticed a decline in your testosterone levels, you may experience a variety of negative symptoms.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) can help boost your testosterone levels to improve your health and vitality.
Harley Street MD offers testosterone replacement therapy here in the UK from our clinic in Harley Street, London.
What Is Testosterone?
Testosterone is an essential male sex hormone produced in the testicles. Men need healthy testosterone levels to maintain their sex drive, sperm count, muscle mass, bone health, cognitive function, red blood cell production, and several other important body functions.
As many men age, their testosterone levels can decline, resulting in many adverse side effects.
TRT is a great solution to help you win the battle against lowering testosterone.
What Are Low Testosterone Symptoms?
Key signs that you may be suffering from low testosterone are:
A drop in your libido
Less desire for sexual activity
Changes in mood
Loss of cognitive function
Feelings of depression
Lower energy levels
Many men will have erectile dysfunction and be unable to maintain an erection.
When experiencing these signs and negative symptoms, you may have what is called “hypogonadism”. The best way to know for sure is to book a free consultation with a UK testosterone expert.
Why Have TRT with Harley Street MD in London?
Men who have testosterone replacement therapy notice how quickly their clarity and energy return, so they can continue life as usual without interruptions.
Testosterone acts as a performance-enhancing drug for many reasons. This hormone helps to build strength and muscle mass in the gym, as well as maintain fat loss. Active older men may notice they can’t maintain muscle gains as easily, which could signify low testosterone.
We practice safe and effective testosterone replacement therapy for men in the UK from our practice in London. At Harley Street MD, you will be seen by a specialist in men’s health, someone who has helped countless other men achieve the results we’ve mentioned.
What Causes Low Testosterone?
It’s normal for a man’s testosterone to lower as he ages, but even men in their 20s and 30s can experience symptoms of low testosterone. Several factors cause this — often driven by lifestyle choices. These may be:
Having an unhealthy diet
Lack of exercise
Leading a high-stress life
Previous steroid use.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy in the UK
If you live in the UK or London, testosterone replacement therapy from our Harley Street clinic can help you live a healthier and happier life, last longer in bed and be more physically active.
All of our UK-qualified practitioners are dedicated to improving your well-being and happiness. Your work, sex life and hobbies are important to us, and we’ll keep you fit and feeling well, no matter your age. There are many ways to boost your testosterone naturally, but when this isn’t enough, TRT can help.
If you live in the UK and are embarrassed to talk to your GP about your sexual concerns or any other symptoms of low testosterone, we can help.
With Harley Street MD, we take your concerns seriously and work with you to get results. Your anxieties and expectations will always be our top priority, and we’ll always take you seriously.
UK Testosterone Replacement Treatment Options at Harley Street MD
We will create the best plan of treatment for your needs based on the best medical practice in the UK. We have a number of testosterone replacement therapy options conveniently located in London for you to choose from. These include:
See our FAQ below for questions you may have about getting testosterone replacement therapy in the UK.
Low Testosterone vs Male Menopause
As men naturally lose testosterone in later life, this is often referred to as male menopause, similar to the menopause experienced by women. This is not an accurate representation as the decline of testosterone levels by 2% per year starts at around 30 to 40 years old, which is unlikely to cause problems in isolation.
Low testosterone or hypogonadism is an issue that can develop later in life and many cases of this condition are nothing to do with hormones, unlike female menopause.
What Is Included in TRT Screening in London?
- A one-hour confidential consultation with a male doctor to discuss sexual health and symptoms of testosterone deficiency, followed by a half-hour consultation after test results.
- Examination of past medical and surgical history.
- Discussion on exercise, diet, lifestyle, stress, occupation and relationships.
- Review of current medication and allergies.
- Analysis of family history and possible inherited diseases.
- A systematic review of sleeping patterns and weight issues.
- Vital signs monitoring — blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, weight, height, BMI and body fat calculation.
- Physical examination of the cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal and nervous systems.
- Ear, nose and throat examination, including thyroid glands and lymph nodes.
- Examination of the visual fields and fundi (for prolactin-secreting brain tumour).
- Testicular and prostate examination.
- Complete health profile blood tests for anaemia, infection and inflammatory markers, leukaemia, kidney function and electrolyte balance, liver function, bone metabolism, gout and diabetic screen, full cholesterol profile, vitamin D and thyroid function (free T3, free T4 and TSH).
- Prostate profile blood test (prostate cancer screen) and subsequent advanced screen (total and free PSA) if found to be raised.
- Complete hormone profile blood tests: LH, FSH, testosterone, oestradiol, SHBG, prolactin and free androgen index.
- Complementary adrenal axis hormone blood test: Cortisol and DHEA-S to complete your 360-degree hormonal balance screening.
- Calculation of free testosterone levels.
- Comparison of testosterone levels to an age-specific chart and national guideline for TRT.
- Urine analysis to check for protein, blood, infection, sugar and ketone content.
- Follow-up discussion of appropriate treatment options.
- Testosterone replacement can begin on the same day as your follow-up consultation. All referrals to a urologist, endocrinologist or neurosurgeon — if necessary — are free of charge. Let our testosterone replacement therapy make a difference in your life.
Contact us to make an appointment for testosterone replacement therapy in London today.