Testosterone is a crucial hormone for men of any age, and if you have noticed a decline in your testosterone levels, you may experience a variety of negative symptoms.
What Is Testosterone?
As we mentioned above, testosterone is a hormone that is produced in the testicles. The presence of testosterone in a man’s body helps to maintain the following; fat distribution, sex drive, sperm production, bone density, muscle density and strength, body and facial hair, red blood cell production.
As many men get older, they might notice several of the above declining with age. Some men might notice their sex drive dipping, or even their concentration levels and focus weakening, some men even suffer with insomnia because of low testosterone levels.
If this sounds like something you can relate to, then testosterone replacement therapy can help.
Why Should You Choose Private Testosterone Injections?
Paying to privately have testosterone injections is something many men feel if the most comfortable way to approach such a sensitive issue. We speak to men every week who are too self-conscious to approach their GP about the problem.
For many men, they fall into one of the following categories…
Have you been worrying about your erection and have no one to turn to?
Are you embarrassed to talk to your GP about your sexual concerns?
Do you worry about confidentiality in a family GP practice close to your neighbourhood?
With Harley Street MD, we take your concerns seriously and we work with you to get you the results you need. Your concerns and expectations will always be at the top of our priority list, and you’ll always be taken very seriously.
We are here to help you to live healthier, last longer in bed and be more physically active. It is important to have the required concentration and motivation to do the things you love. Your work, your sex life and your hobbies are important to us and we keep you fit and feeling well, no matter your age.
What Is Included In TRT Screening?
- 2 consultations (1 hr initial consultation followed by 1/2 hr consultation after test results)
- 1 hour confidential consultation with a male doctor to discuss sexual health & symptoms of testosterone deficiency
- Examination of past medical and surgical history
- Discussion on exercise, diet, lifestyle, stress, occupation and relationship
- Review of current medication
- Discussion about allergies
- Analysis of family history & possible inherited diseases
- Systemic review of sleeping patterns & weight issues
- Vital signs monitoring – blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, weight, height, BMI and body fat calculation
- Physical examination of the cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal & nervous system
- Ear, nose and throat examination, including thyroid glands & lymph nodes
- Examination of the visual fields & fundi (for prolactin secreting brain tumour)
- Testicular examination
- Prostate examination
- Complete health profile blood tests for anaemia, infection & inflammatory markers, leukaemia, kidney function & electrolyte balance, liver function, bone metabolism, gout & diabetic screen, full cholesterol profile, vitamin D & thyroid function (free T3, free T4 and TSH)
- Prostate Profile blood test (prostate cancer screen) and subsequent advanced screen (total and free PSA) if found to be raised
- Complete Hormone Profile blood tests: LH, FSH, testosterone, oestradiol, SHBG, prolactin & free androgen index.
- Complementary Adrenal Axis hormone blood test: Cortisol and DHEA-S for complete your 360 degree hormonal balance screening.
- Calculation of free testosterone levels
- Comparison of testosterone levels to an age-specific chart & national guideline for TRT
- Urine analysis to check for protein, blood, infection, sugar and ketone content
- Follow up discussion of appropriate treatment options
Testosterone replacement can begin on the same day of your follow-up consultation. All referrals to a urologist, endocrinologist or neurosurgeon if necessary are free of charge. Let our testosterone replacement therapy make a difference to your life.
Contact us to make an appointment for testosterone replacement therapy today.