The venesection was painless to say the least, thank you for using local anaesthetics; highly recommended
Professional Obagi® Skin Care and Vitality System in London
Skin care is one of the most important tools to maintain a youthful and glowing appearance. Everyday life is constantly exposing your skin to physical abrasion, chemicals, pollution and radiation from the sun’s rays, which all cause damage to the skin. Although our skin can regenerate itself, as we age our skin loses that ability. This leads to the gradual decline in skin vitality and reduction of cell turnover — collagen and volume are lost, hydration is diminished and the skin barrier becomes weakened. Damaged, ageing skin appears dull, wrinkled, thin, lax and pigmented.
Over-the-counter, store-bought skincare products may not provide the protection you need to keep your skin healthy and glowing, and to reverse the signs of ageing. They may moisturise the top layer of the skin but they are unlikely to reverse ageing or the damage done at the cellular level. Many of the top cosmeceutical skincare brands simply do not live up to the results they claim in their advertisements.
We find that prescription skincare products can offer more protection for the skin and help reverse the signs of ageing with powerful and tested ingredients. The Obagi skincare system is popular among aesthetic specialists, dermatologists and plastic surgeons as it offers an unparalleled combination of potent ingredients that can be beneficial in numerous ways to the skin:
- Improve skin’s vitality and brighten the complexion
- Reduce fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Soften uneven pigmentation, age spots and freckles
- Improve blood circulation and metabolism
- Stimulate natural collagen production
- Increase skin firmness and elasticity
Obagi is deemed one of the best medical skincare products in over 47 countries across North America, Central America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Not only this, Obagi is dedicated to “skinclusion”, a term they coined to show their commitment to providing skin care for all kinds of skin tones and skin types.
What is Obagi® Skin Care?
Obagi Medical is a global pharmaceutical company that specialises in medical skincare systems. Using its Penetrating Therapeutics™ technology, Obagi products are designed to improve penetration of potent active ingredients across the skin barrier to improve the appearance of skin damage, hyperpigmentation, acne, rosacea, fine lines and wrinkles. When used as a complete regime, these medical agents are clinically-proven to accelerate cell turnover, leaving the skin looking younger and healthier. Obagi uses a unique combination of active ingredients, such as hydroquinone, to maximise penetration to all skin layers. The specific dosage and frequency are determined and monitored by your doctor or dermatologist according to your skin condition, needs and lifestyle.
The Obagi skin system is specifically designed to work together as a complete regime. Each step of the formula is designed to prepare the skin’s pH level for the next active ingredient to penetrate more effectively throughout the skin’s layers. Obagi has two skincare lines: Obagi Medical, a more potent formula designed to combat signs of ageing and rejuvenate damaged skin, and Obagi Clinical, designed for “prejuvenation” (prevention + rejuvenation) to help protect the skin and focus on preventing the early signs of ageing. Your licensed Obagi provider will help determine which skincare line is best for your personal needs.
Why Use Medical-Grade Skin Care?
Obagi has studied the science of skin care for over 30 years. Their breakthrough innovations are rigorously tested through research and development to provide scientifically-backed formulas that include active ingredients in more potent levels than store-bought skincare products can provide. If you’ve spent thousands on beauty products that never show any results, it might be time to try medical skin care. It may cost more and require a prescription but will brighten, nourish, protect and enhance your skin tone and texture better, which is priceless. Come into our clinic to see if the Obagi treatment is right for you.
About the Obagi Skincare Lines
One of the most popular Obagi skincare offerings is the “Complete Skin Transformation System” called Obagi Nu-Derm. This skin system is available for normal to dry and normal to oily skin, and your skin will experience several phases of transformation:
- In the first phase, “Out with the Old“, the system accelerates dead cell exfoliation, so expect flaking and peeling, revealing fresher, smoother skin.
- In the second phase, “In with the New“, the skin will build a tolerance to peeling and flaking. During that time, the system is working at the cellular level to continually transform skin cells.
- In the third phase, “Healthy Glow“, collagen and elastin are increasing in production, and skin will feel supple and resilient. Uneven colour and pigmentation begin to even out.
- The fourth phase, “The New You“, will help keep the skin looking and acting younger and healthier.
Other Obagi System skin products include:
- Obagi CLENZIderm® System a simple three-step system, formulated with proven acne-fighting ingredients for clearer, healthier, breakout-free skin. The visible signs of acne can be reduced as early as 2 weeks without the heavy side effects of oral medication such as Roaccutane.
- Obagi C Rx® System addresses all the needs of young-looking skin by softening discolouration, promoting skin cell turnover and preventing future skin cell damage by neutralising free radicals. If you think the first signs of ageing have started emerging then it’s time for the Obagi-C Rx® Early Intervention System
- Obagi Rosaclear® System is a very effective way to treat rosacea, a chronic skin condition characterised by facial redness, acne-like pimples, flushing of the cheeks, nose and forehead. The prescription-based Rosaclear System provides gentle skincare to calm the inflamed, irritated skin with a specially formulated treatment regimen. In just a few simple steps Obagi Rosaclear® System may reduce the appearance of blotchiness and redness, leave the skin’s complexion clearer, calmer, and more balanced-looking.
- Obagi ELASTIderm Décolletage® System is a revolutionary skincare system designed to reduce hyperpigmentation (discolouration), age spots and fine lines and wrinkles on the delicate chest and neck area. Studies show that in as little as 4 weeks of treatment there is a significant reduction of discolouration and age-related fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and décolletage.
- Obagi 360 system is a complete approach to help protect and preserve youthful-looking skin. It is a unique combination of effective ingredient that addresses the facial skincare needs of younger patients. It helps to prevent visible signs of skin ageing to leave the skin clean, fresh and glowing.
- Obagi Blue Peels® System uses a low concentration of the chemical trichloroacetic acid (TCA) mixed with a special blue base to slow the penetration. The Obagi® Blue Peel allows your doctor to control the appropriate depth and number of coats applied to effectively remove the thin surface layers of aged and damaged skin from face, neck, chest, hands, back, arms and legs. For optimal results skin should be conditioned with the Obagi Nu-Derm System for 18 weeks prior to Blue Peel application.