Obagi Professional Skin Vitality System
Constant exposure to physical abrasion, chemical insults and radiation injury causes damage to skin cell DNA. Although our skin has the ability to regenerate itself, when we get older the gradual decline in skin vitality, metabolism and cellular function, ultimately leads to collagen lost, volume lost, diminished hydration and therefore weakened barrier function. The damaged, ageing skin appears dull, wrinkled, thin, lax and pigmented.
Over the counter cosmeceutical skincare products might moisturise the top layer of the skin but they are unlikely to reverse any ageing process at the cellular level. Regardless of how vigorous their marketing campaigns are, if they really could cause a change in skin cells and metabolism rates, they would need to be prescribed by a medical doctor by regulation. Therefore it is not a myth that a lot of the top cosmeceutical skincare brands simply do not live up to the results they claim in their advertisements. Obagi® system on the other hand is an FDA approved, medical skincare system. Suitability has to be assessed by a qualified and trained doctor. This system is particularly popular among aesthetic specialist, dermatologists and plastic surgeons. It offers an unparalleled combination of potent ingredients which can be beneficial in numerous ways:
- Improve skin’s vitality and brighten complexion
- Reduce fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Soften uneven pigmentation, age spots, freckles
- Improve blood circulation and metabolism
- Stimulate natural collagen production
- Increase skin firmness and elasticity
Obagi Medical Products, Inc®. is a globally famous pharmaceutical company that specialises in skin care systems in the physician-dispensed skin health products primary for the dermatology, plastic surgery and related aesthetic markets. Using its Penetrating Therapeutics™ technology, Obagi® products are designed to improve penetration of potent topical agents across the skin barrier to improve the appearance of skin damage, hyperpigmentation, acne, rosacea, fine lines and scars. Obagi® is deemed one of the best medical skincare products in over 47 countries across North America, Central America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The Times report has named Obagi® as one of the top 10 brands in the section on medical skincare! Obagi® skin care system is specifically designed to work together as a complete regime. Each step of formula is designed to prepare the skin pH level for the next active ingredient to penetrate more effectively to the target layers.
When used as a complete regime, these medical agents are clinically-proven to accelerate cell turnover leaving the skin looking and acting younger and healthier. Obagi® uses a a unique combination of active ingredients such as Hydroquinone to maximise penetration to all skin layers. The specific dosage and frequency are determined and monitored by your doctor, according to your skin condition, needs and lifestyle. Using the Obagi Nu-Derm® system, the skin will experience several phases of transformation:
- In the first phase, “Out With The Old“, the System accelerates dead cell exfoliation, so expect flaking and peeling, revealing fresher, smoother skin.
- In the second phase, “In With The New“, the skin will begin to build tolerance to peeling and flaking. During that time the System is working at the cellular level to continually transform skin cells.
- In the third phase, “Healthy Glow“, collagen and elastin are increasing in production and skin will feel supple and resilient. Uneven colour and pigmentation begin to even out.
- The fourth phase, “The New You“, will help keep the skin looking and acting younger and healthier.
Other Obagi System skin products include:
- Obagi CLENZIderm® System is a simple three-step system, formulated with proven Acne-fighting ingredients for a clearer, healthier, breakout -free skin. The visible signs of acne can now be reduced as early as 2 weeks without the heavy side effects of oral medication such as Roaccutane.
- Obagi C Rx® System addresses all the needs of young-looking skin by softening discolouration, promoting skin cell turnover and preventing future skin cell damage by neutralising free radicals. If you think the first signs of ageing have started emerging then it’s time for the Obagi-C Rx® Early Intervention System
- Obagi Rosaclear® System is a very effective way to treat rosacea, a chronic skin condition characterised by facial redness, acne-like pimples, flushing of the cheeks, nose and forehead. The prescription-based Rosaclear System provides gentle skincare to calm the inflamed, irritated skin with a specially formulated treatment regimen. In just a few simple steps Obagi Rosaclear® System may reduce the appearance of blotchiness and redness, leave the skin’s complexion clearer, calmer, and more balanced-looking.
- Obagi ELASTIderm Décolletage® System is a revolutionary skincare system designed to reduce hyperpigmentation (discolouration), age spots and fine lines and wrinkles on the delicate chest and neck area. Studies show that in as little as 4 weeks of treatment there is a significant reduction of discolouration and age-related fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and décolletage.
- Obagi 360 system is a complete approach to help protect and preserve youthful looking skin. It is a unique combination of effective ingredient that addresses the facial skin care needs of younger patients. It helps to prevent visible signs of skin ageing to leave the skin clean, fresh and glowing.
- Obagi Blue Peels® System uses a low concentration of the chemical trichloroacetic acid (TCA) mixed with a special blue base to slow the penetration. The Obagi® Blue Peel allows your doctor to control the appropriate depth and number of coats applied to effectively remove the thin surface layers of aged and damaged skin from face, neck, chest, hands, back, arms and legs. For optimal results skin should be conditioned with the Obagi Nu-Derm System for 18 weeks prior to Blue Peel application.
Why not make an appointment for a free Skincare Consultation with us today? Our specialists will discuss the best treatment options based on your needs and skin problems. Let us help you to rejuvenate your skin from the inside out.