How to get rid of wrinkles
Wrinkle relaxing injections using filler toxins are one of the most popular and effective treatments for the reduction of facial lines as they can be performed quickly, are non-invasive, and most importantly, safe. The wrinkle reduction treatment consists of a series of fine injections into the targeted areas to smooth out facial lines and give the appearance of a more youthful and rejuvenated look.
Wrinkle fillers contain a toxin which is a purified protein that temporarily disrupts the communication pathway between nerve endings and muscle fibres, it stops muscle contraction and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. The effect is reversible and a wrinkle relaxing injection can last up to 4 months.
The most popular facial areas for injections are:
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines (between eye brows)
- Crows feet (corners of the eyes)
There is a new trend towards a more natural look and using facial fillers as a prophylatic way of preventing deep wrinkle formation. This treatment provides a simple and quick procedure to achieve a very subtly enhanced look while maintaining all the existing facial expressions. It involves very small amounts of the wrinkle reduction substance to be injected over a larger area with virtually no downtime.
In the hands of an advanced injector, it can be used to treat far more than the 3 conventional facial areas mentioned above. At Harley Street Medical Doctors, we offer an advanced wrinkle treatment for:
- Wrinkles under the eyes
- Lack of eyebrow arches
- Bunny lines around the nose
- Gummy smile
- Cobblestone/ dimpled/ golf ball chin
- Downward mouth corners
- Smoker’s line/ top lip lines
- Prominent neck bands
Botulinum Toxins can also be used as a facial slimming procedure. It is particularly popular with the Asian where masseter (one of the muscles responsible for chewing) hypertrophy is fairly common. By treating these areas, one’s face will look slimmer and sharper. Furthermore, it has added benefit to treat individuals who grind their teeth at night, too.
Contact us to book a free consultation at our central London, Harley Street clinic today.
Before and after anti-wrinkle treatment photos
Before the treatment please:
• Avoid Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) medicine for 2 days (e.g. ibuprofen, diclofenac).
• Avoid vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba for 2 days.
• Avoid alcoholic beverages for 1 day.
• Avoid aspirin for 7 days (if you take aspirin for medical reason, please consult your doctor).
As part of the procedure your skin will be cleansed and disinfected.
The treatment itself is very simple, quick and relatively painless as only very small needles are used. An ice pack or Arnica might be used to minimise bruising if it is needed. The recovery is pretty immediate, virtually no down time.
Treatment is not recommended for:
• During pregnancy or breast feeding.
• In individuals with known hypersensitivity to botulinum toxin A or human albumin.
• In the presence of infection or severe inflammation at the injection sites.
• Disorders of the neuromuscular junction (Myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome, Multiple sclerosis, Myopathies).
Side effects are rare, mild bruising might occur, but this usually fades quickly (you can minimise bruising by avoiding medication aforementioned before the procedure).
You can carry on with your day pretty much as usual immediately after leaving the clinic. Use high SPF cream to protect your skin the next day.
The result is seen in 3-5 days as a more revitalised and youthful look and the effect lasts between 3 to 4 months and can be up to 6 months in some individuals.
Book a complementary check up in 2 weeks time to review your progress, if needed top-up will be given without charges, you will also have a chance to discuss other treatments that can complement the new you. You may also book your next appointment in 3 months time to ensure you maintain your new look.
For the best results:
• Move the areas that have been injected as frequent as 2 hours, this will increase the uptake of botulinum toxins to the targeted muscles.
• Please avoid putting on anything on your face for at least 4 hours after treatment.
• Please avoid putting skincare with peeling chemicals for 2 days (e.g. glycolic acid).
• Please avoid lying down / sleeping for at least 4 hours after treatment.
• Please avoid strenuous exercise for 2 days.
• Please avoid alcohol for 2 days.
• Please avoid sun tanning / sauna / extreme heat for 2 weeks.